Edgewater Reserve, Footscray
Edgewater Reserve in Footscray has recently been transformed into a wonderland of adventure for kids! Thanks to Maribyrnong council, it now boasts two new playground structures that are jam-packed with exciting features and activities to keep kids engaged and entertained for hours on end.
One of the standout features of the new playground is the tornado, which spins and twirls kids around in circles. The two bay a-frame swing is another highlight, with both toddler and strap seats available for younger and older children. There are also two fun spring rocker to ride on, one in the shape of a gold fish and another in the shape of a frog .
But that’s not all! The playground is covered in a soft, cushiony mulch surface, making it safe for children to run, jump and play on. And for those who love to ride bikes, there’s a rubber bike track that winds its way through the middle of the playground.
Now, let’s talk about the two main playground structures. The first one is designed to look like a boat, complete with a roof, tube crawl, curved slide, telescope panels, squeeze panels, fire pole, and helix climber. It even has a flag at the top! Children can pretend they are sailing the high seas or exploring a far-off island as they climb, slide and swing on this nautical-inspired structure.
The second playground structure is just as exciting, with a giant slide, roof, fire pole, spider net climber, pommel climber, monkey bar, Burmese bridge and roll over bar. This structure is perfect for children who love to challenge themselves, as they can test their balance, strength, and agility while navigating the different obstacles and features.
The benefits of play are many, and this playground is designed to provide children with a range of different experiences that support their physical, social, and emotional development. By climbing, sliding, swinging and riding, children can improve their coordination, balance, and gross motor skills. They can also develop their social skills by interacting with other children and practicing cooperation and communication.
Overall, Edgewater Reserve’s upgraded playground is a fantastic addition to Footscray, providing children with a safe and stimulating environment where they can have fun, explore, and learn.
Edgewater Reserve, Footscray
- Edgewater Reserve in Footscray has a new playground with two main structures
- Playground features include a tornado, a 2 bay a-frame swing with toddler and strap seats, gold fish spring rocker, frog spring rocker, and rubber bike track
- The first structure is designed like a boat and includes a roof, tube crawl, curved slide, telescope panels, squeeze panels, fire pole, and helix climber
- The second structure has a giant slide, roof, fire pole, spider net climber, pommel climber, monkey bar, Burmese bridge, and roll over bar
- Soft mulch surfacing makes it safe for children to run, jump, and play
- Benefits of play include physical development, social interaction, and emotional growth.